Thursday, August 22, 2013

SALEM FARMERS MARKET

 A few weeks ago I got a lovely bunch of basil in my farm share but no tomatoes! What was I to do???

Then I remembered that Salem has a farmers market down the alley from Derby Square Books so I thought, well, maybe they will have some tomatoes.

They had EVERYTHING! This market is huge! Not Santa Cruz farmers market huge, but plenty big.
I found the tomatoes I wanted and there was a booth that had beautiful little boxes of raspberries. So I picked one up and stood in line to pay. Well, the line was a little long and by the time I got to the end, I had eaten all the raspberries. So I grabbed a box of lovely yellow cherry tomatoes (although can you call them cherry tomatoes if they are yellow?) and bought them, along with the empty raspberry box.

It is conveniently open 3-7 on Thursdays. Don't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment