Monday, July 8, 2013

I DO NOT HATE AMERICA!

...but I am a little annoyed with the fourth of July this year. No farm share this week. So sad...

However, if you will step up to the way-back machine, I will take you to the wilds of last week to show you what I did with the cabbage and lettuce from last week!



What is going on here? Is this a Christopher Nolan movie? Are we starting with the end product? 

Why yes we are. These are moo-shu-ish lettuce roll ups. I invented them! Well, that is not entirely true. But I did just whip this together with no help whatsoever from the internet. Pretty slick for a recipe girl like me!







Once again, we start on my beautiful bamboo cutting board.  Ooh, that cabbage is chopped up real nice. I used my sling blade... Just kidding. But I did get enthusiastic during the cabbage carnage.












Look at my little pork sticks! And my carrot sticks. I can julienne just about anything. But I did slice the scallions (farm share scallions!) into little circles for contrast. Yes, presentation is everything for me. (See cat vomit rhubarb chicken...)








This is after I added the secret ingredient. No, not the cabbage, surely you saw that coming. The hoisin sauce! It makes everything more wonderful. I gave it a stir and it smelled divine.











Then I made some little lettuce vests and plopped the porky deliciousness right on there. Rolled them right up in beautiful farm share goodness.  Yes, one family member used tortillas for his, but I will not show a photo because it just looks dull. Not like this...








Glorious, isn't it? I should just wrap everything in lettuce. Hot dogs, mallowmars, bananas, whatever I've got.







I was going to post some pictures of my home improvement projects here, but I keep forgetting to take "before" pictures and my "afters" are only impressive if you knew what they looked like before.


Okay, I will post this ONE because I built this thing. I bought it in pieces and it was like the most fun lego set ever!

And here is a little side view because it looks so darn cute with the cutting boards and tiny mixers on the shelves.


Now that's it. I'll see you Thursday at the depot!

No comments:

Post a Comment