Friday, January 28, 2011

Dinner Out


I went out to dinner with Mr. Crow our younger son Wilbur, his pal who I call Joe Mama and our dear friend Honest Liz. We went to our favorite restaurant, the Salem Beer Works. I originally typed that as Salem BEET Works, which I think would be significantly less popular. I blame the beets...


It is not very easy to order healthy food when all the fried and gooey stuff looks so delicious. But I went with the seared scallops with Jasmine rice, peppers, corn and asparagus in coconut milk sauce. Not tremendously light in calories, but far better than a burger and fries. I also had a diet coke and a giant beer. I regret nothing!! Look at Liz's filthy fries across the table! Just lying there all splayed out. Trollops! I resisted them.

I didn't resist the key lime cheese cake, however... I pretended I was French and had one bite (the best one, the little triangle that has all the good flavor) and then said things like, "Ooooh, I just need a small taste..." and "Ow can you eat more than one bite? It is so riiiich?" in a fake accent to myself. Is that another small beer in front of the picture? How did that get there? It looks HUGE in the picture, but in reality it is barely a sample. Really!

Tomorrow I have leftover Hoppin' John for dinner, but hopefully I will be preparing a hoison peanut sauce for a party I am going to in the evening. We'll see how that works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment