Saturday, January 29, 2011

Peanut Dip


Tonight I am going to a "bring some snacks" party. So I am making peanut dip so that I will be willing to eat the raw vegetables I am bring with it. Here are my raw ingredients. I was guessing as I mixed and it came out lovely - if I do say so myself!


Okay, it is probably apparent that I like to put things in little bowls before I mix them. I narrowed the ingredients down to peanut butter, lime juice, hoison sauce, scallions and hot sauce.


Oh yeah, and vegetables... I have asparagus, baby carrots (so young and so delicious!), red pepper strips, grape tomatoes, celery and cukes.


And I mercilessly chopped them up. Although I could have done more damage to the celery, I suppose. I mixed all those ingredients with a whisk and some water and it came out beautifully. Of course I was so excited that I forgot to take pictures of that part. It was really awesome. You should have seen it!

Here is the recipe - more or less:

3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
juice of one lime
2 Tbsp. hoison sauce
1 cup lukewarm water (mixes better)
hot sauce to taste

Mix it up with the whisk of doom and dip veggies in it.

1 comment:

  1. Don't say "put things into little bowls" say "mise en place" and it sounds all French and cheffy. But yeah, little bowls FTW.

    ReplyDelete