Friday, January 29, 2016

Cheese Rodeo

My teenaged son is taking part in a cheese rodeo tonight. That is an event where teenagers gather together to eat cheese.

Yes, they are just that weird.

So as a kindness, I offered to make a recipe of Boursin cheese. I learned how to do this over the summer when I was visiting my pal L.L. Lizbeth on Cape Cod. Her parents had us over for dinner and frankly, I have never had better cheese and cocktails in my life!



Anyhoo... you can find recipes all over the internet. Try it! It's delicious.

So here is the funny thing. This morning I told my son that I would make a vat of Boursin for the rodeo.

He said: No thanks.

I said: Why not?

He said: We're going to buy it.

I said: I already bought the ingredients and I can make it so you don't have to pay for it.

He said: It's not the same.

I said: It's exactly the same.

He said: You don't understand. You don't get to open the homemade stuff.

I said:...

He said: It's very gratifying to open the little foil thing.

I said:...

[Now the shouting commences.]

He said: YOU DON'T EVEN LOVE CHEESE!! YOU'RE A POSEUR!!

I was amused by his passion and frankly, I do kind of understand the lure of opening the packaging. I kind of feel like sending a letter to the Boursin company telling them how very powerful their design is for teenage boys.

I am still going to make that vat of Boursin, though. And I am going to eat it my damn self!

No comments:

Post a Comment