Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Introducing the Gaa's Scarf Challange!

I was looking at an old post from a now defunct blog and was reminded that my plan for my fifth decade was to get pretty. Well, I am into the sixth now, having forgotten that lofty, lofty goal. I did purchase some makeup by accident a few weeks ago. And I will probably wear it at some point. But I haven't done much with my style or, well, appearance.

This isn't the best quality picture I have of Grampy and Gaa, but I love the way they are looking at each other.  They did that a LOT! Best in-laws ever!  


On Sunday, I was visiting my father-in-law, my favorite gentleman over 50 who has never been married to my mother, and he gave me a little pile of scarves that had belonged to my mother-in-law, the kindest mother-in-law in the history of mothers-in-law. She was very stylish and I can only assume that he had offered them to other members of the family and they said, "You know, we're fine, but Barb could really use a little styling-up. Let her have them." So, even though I don't know how to scarves, I took them.

Sunday evening is my night to put out all my outfits for the week so that I only have to think of clothes every seven days. It save both me and my clothing significant stress. I had brought up the little packet of scarves and decided that rather than choose my outfits based on which comfy socks were clean, I would use the scarves as fashion building blocks!

And so I present ' Gaa's Scarf Challenge. (Gaa is the name that my mother-in-law went by with her grandchildren. And as you can imagine, it came about because my niece Yvonne said, as an infant, "GAA!" and so Gaa yelped, "Did you hear that? She said my name!" And since her actual name was Lillian, which sounds very little like Gaa, she changed it to Gaa.)

The challenge is quite simple, I have to wear clothes this week that kind of match each other and theoretically match the scarf of the day. For most people, this wouldn't even be a challenge. But there you have it.
The scarf for today is this lovely maroon number with a fleecy brown undercarriage that does, in fact, match my skirt. Take that life-long fashion impairment!

No comments:

Post a Comment