Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Gorgonzola Scramble

When my dear long-suffering husband picked me up and brought me home, I knew I had to do something special for him. So I asked if he wanted me to make him some eggs. When he declined, I decided the next best thing to being nice to him is being nice to me, so I came up with this delightful brekkie.

First I put heated wee bit of of olive oil in my favorite pan. Then added some onion, green pepper, broccoli, asparagus and yellow zucchini and cooked them until they were somewhat tender.

Then I whisked up two eggs and poured them over my little pile of veggies. I cooked them until they were the consistency I like.

Then I sprinkled a tablespoon of Gorgonzola cheese over the top and let it set into the eggs. A little bit of it hit the pan and it smelled like my parents' old dog. I was a little nervous until I tasted it.

It tasted just as delicious as it looked! I am a huge fan of this. And also, coffee.

Here is the recipe and nutrition info:

Gorgonzola Scramble

Mostly vegetables with just enough egg and cheese to feel like a treat!

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Heat olive oil in pan.
  2. Chop up your veggies - onions, peppers, zucchini, asparagus, broccoli - whatever you have in the veggie drawer and cook them in the oil until slightly tender. Put them in a pile in the middle of the pan.
  3. Whisk up your two eggs and pour them over the pile of veggies.
  4. Stir the eggs and veggies in the pan until the egg is cooked to your liking.
  5. Re-pile everything in the middle and sprinkle the gorgonzola on the top. If any cheese hits the pan, it is going to smell like an old dog. Don't worry, it tastes delicious!
  6. Once the cheese starts to stick to the veggie-eggs, put it on a plate and devour it!

No comments:

Post a Comment