Saturday, February 26, 2011

Panko Fish

So apparently it has taken me awhile to recover from the carnage of the last recipe. Today I am putting up an easy, healthy, delicious recipe that I make fairly often and never disappoints!

The ingredients! I usually just make this with fish, but I had some leftover chicken and thought I'd see how it turned out with this recipe, too.

First you make dijonaise - half mustard, half mayo - it doesn't matter what kind, and you can certainly use light or fat free. It is really just there to add a little zip and to hold the panko on the fish.

Put your panko in the bowl and add some lemon zest. I am this close (picture tiny, pinchy fingers) to getting an actual zester. I love the zest. I am zesty!

Oh how I hate cleaning up. For this dish, I line the pan with tinfoil and spray it with Pam-substitute. I have not tried this on my stoneware cookie sheet because this works so well. But I will give it a shot someday. If you have tried fish on the stoneware let me know if it absorbs the smell.

Spread the spread on your fish. Then you will smush it spread side down into the panko and lemon zest.

Put it in the oven and cook it.

I forgot to take a picture of the finished project. I ate it too damn quick! But it was beautiful. Golden brown and delicious. Try it! But not the chicken. Usually I love chicken, I don't know what is going on with us... But compared to the light, sweet fish, the chicken was kind of clunky. I will love chicken again soon, I am sure. You'll be the first to know!

Panko Baked Fish

Crispy topping on fish with a bit of zest.

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Rinse fish and pat dry.
  2. Combine mustard and mayo, spread on a piece of fish.
  3. Put the lemon zest in the panko crumbs.
  4. Put fish, topping side down, into the panko mixture.
  5. Spray pan with cooking spray and place fish topping side up on the pan.
  6. Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes.
  7. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment